1 Save time with "one stop" access to ensemble forecast, statistical, and analog-based toolsThe World Climate Service provides user-friendly access to a comprehensive set of online tools for climate forecasting as well as a monthly subjective written forecast prepared by our experts.
2 Improve your forecasts with a suite of interactive dynamical, statistical, and analog forecast toolsExperienced meteorologists rely on both our forecasting tools and the subjective forecasts we provide. Using World Climate Service tools, meteorologists can decipher the current state of the climate and prepare an original climate forecast.
3 Stay ahead of the competition with unique WCS insight on seasonal climate drivers and risksThe World Climate Service team draws on many years of seasonal forecast experience and cutting-edge research and development, including NOAA-sponsored climate forecasting research. Our experience and insight are ingrained in the web-based interface, the monthly written report, and in the forecasts themselves. Every aspect of the product reflects our expertise in the rapidly advancing science of seasonal/subseasonal forecasting.
Try the World Climate Service today by:
Overview - World Climate Service
The World Climate Service is a web-based information service providing:• Seasonal Climate Forecasts - Forecasts of climate conditions from 1 month to 6 months in advance • Subseasonal Climate Forecasts - Forecasts of climate and weather conditions from 2 weeks to 6 weeks in advance
The World Climate Service provides reliable, skillful, hype-free long-lead forecasting services. We achieve this by:
- • Taking advantage of both dynamical and statistical prediction capabilities
- • Emphasizing probabilistic information and quantitative forecast confidence for decision-making
- • Creating optimal blends of the information used for prediction
- • Providing transparency through on-demand forecast verification and skill statistics
- • Predicting and explaining the phenomena and known influences driving the forecast