An Online Toolset for Subseasonal to Seasonal Forecasting
The World Climate Service is an online application providing meteorologists a "one-stop-shop" toolset to improve weekly, monthly and seasonal climate forecast preparation and risk communication.
Today industrial, commercial, and commodity meteorologists use the World Climate Service to gain long lead forecast insights.
Try the World Climate Service today by requesting a trial.
Meteorologists gain multiple benefits by using the World Climate Service. They include:
1) Save time with easy-to-use access to a comprehensive suite of forecast models, statistical and analog-based tools
The World Climate Service provides user-friendly access to a comprehensive set of online tools for climate forecasts as well as a monthly subjective written forecast prepared by our experts.
2) Improve your forecasts with a suite of interactive dynamical, statistical, and analog forecast tools.
Experienced meteorologists rely on both our forecasting tools and the subjective forecasts we provide. Using World Climate Service tools, meteorologists can the current state of the climate and prepare an original climate forecast.
3) Stay ahead of the competition with unique WCS insight on seasonal climate drivers and risks
The World Climate Service team draws on many years of seasonal forecast experience and cutting-edge research and development, including NOAA-sponsored climate forecasting research
. Our experience and insight are ingrained in the web-based interface, the monthly written report, and in the forecasts themselves. Every aspect of the product reflects our expertise in the rapidly advancing science of seasonal/subseasonal forecasting.
Overview - World Climate Service
The World Climate Service is a web-based information service providing:
- Seasonal Climate Forecasts - Forecasts of climate conditions from 1 month to 6 months in advance
- Subseasonal Climate Forecasts - Forecasts of climate and weather conditions from 2 weeks to 6 weeks in advance
The World Climate Service provides reliable, skillful, hype-free long-lead forecasting services. We achieve this by:
- Taking advantage of both dynamical and statistical prediction capabilities
- Emphasizing probabilistic information and quantitative forecast confidence for decision-making
- Creating optimal blends of the information used for prediction
- Providing transparency through on-demand forecast verification and skill statistics
- Predicting and explaining the phenomena and known influences driving the forecast
Request your Free Trial of World Climate Service